Ever feel like you don’t have a good handle on time? Most of us have only a vague idea of how much time we spend (waste) on personal and professional tasks each day. Luckily for people like us, there are plenty of internet-based services devoted to helping us stay on task. After all, there’s no shame in seeking a little digital assistance.
Here are some of our favorites:
- Chrometa – This smart time tracker captures your activities without you having to click start or stop. It automatically records your software usage, like time spent on Facebook, or the length of time spent working on a spreadsheet. (Desktop, Android, Apple)
- RescueTime – This app runs in the background on your computer or mobile device and tracks minutes spent on various sites or other applications. The premium version is available for $9/month and allows you to block distracting websites after a specified amount of time, and even lets you track time away from the computer. (Apple, Android, Desktop)
- Freckle – Tracks your time online and also provides a cool billing feature that allows you to quickly create, send, and share invoices. Freckle even integrates with PayPal so you can easily accept payments. It’s available for desktop and the site has a mobile version – but seriously Freckle, make an app.
- ATracker – Available for iOS only, this free app lets you track whatever you’d like with a tap of the glass. Tap on to start tracking an activity and off to stop. The app curates a report for your activities each day.
- My Minutes – A free app focused on reaching goals. Aim to spend under and hour on email, or plan to exercise for 45 minutes. My Minutes will let you know when you’re out of time, or digital kudos when you maintain your goals. (Apple, Android)
- Timesheet – This free, Android-only app can be controlled by voice commands. Track and bill work hours, and record off-work hours too.