WordPress/PHP/Front End Developer
Job Title: WordPress/PHP/Front End Developer
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Reports to: NTS
Salary Range: DOE
Date Prepared / Updated: September, 2017
POSITION SUMMARY: Fast-growing Web Development and Digital Marketing firm located in Phoenix, AZ seeking an experienced WordPress/PHP/Front End Developer to join our team. The ideal candidate to have minimum of 4+ years’ experience. Only Arizona State residents will be considered.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (other duties may be assigned as needed)
- All aspects of WordPress development
- Visual and wireframe design interpretation and integration
- Responsive theme and child theme development
- Plugin development and modification
- Individual template development
- Creation of custom post types
- Shortcode integration
- API integration
- PHP and HTML development outside of WordPress for landing pages, microsites, etc.
- Write light, clean, logical, re-usable and well-commented code
- Create documentation for operational use
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Mastery developing WordPress themes, child themes, plugins and templates
- Mastery of common SQL commands and their correct use
- Strong troubleshooting skills when plugin conflicts occur
- Experience securing WordPress installs and user accounts
- Understand APIs and their integration into WordPress
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience with mobile platforms
- Experiencewith Adobe Creative Suite of products, principally Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Experiencev in graphic design and layout
- Knowledge of WordPress Multisite beneficial
- eCommerce – implementing WP shopping carts (WooCommerce etc.); creating custom shopping carts
- Advanced skills in Bootstrap – building non-CMS sites using Bootstrap as a framework
- Implement various site conversions – HTML > WordPress, Joomla or Responsive site; Joomla > WordPress or HTML Responsive site; CF > WP or Joomla or HTML Responsive site
- Knowledge of UX Design Principles displayed through Strong portfolio of work
- Experience writing WordPress code for large consumer facing websites: 4 years
- WordPress PHP: 4 years
– Database experience with relational databases such as MySQL (preferred) & MS SQL server
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please email your resume (.doc, .pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newtek is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank everyone who submits a resume for these positions. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.