[Revised September 5, 2018]
Welcome to www.newtekone.com, the website for Newtek Business Services Corp. (“Newtek”) and its subsidiaries and portfolio companies (collectively with Newtek, the “Newtek Family,” “We”, and “Us”). Thank you for choosing to be part of our community. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy.
Table of Contents
- WHO WE ARE
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW?
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO CALIFORNIA OR VERMONT RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
1. WHO WE ARE
Newtek Business Services Corp. is an internally managed, non-diversified, closed-end management investment company that has elected to be regulated as a business development company under the Investment Company Act of 1940, as amended. Along with its wholly owned subsidiary and controlled portfolio companies, Newtek provides a wide range of business and financial solutions under the Newtek® brand to the small- and medium-sized business market. Newtek’s products and solutions include: Business Lending including SBA 7(a), SBA 504 lending and other commercial loans, Electronic Payment Processing, Managed Technology Solutions (Cloud Computing), IT Consulting, eCommerce, Accounts Receivable and Inventory Financing, personal and commercial lines Insurance Solutions, Web Services, Data Backup, Storage and Retrieval, and Payroll and Benefits Solutions to SMB accounts nationwide across all industries.
Newtek and the other members of the Newtek Family are committed to maintaining your confidence and trust as it relates to the privacy and usage of your information. The Newtek Family includes Newtek Technology Solutions, Inc., Newtek Small Business Finance, LLC, d/b/a Newtek Business Finance Solutions, Universal Processing Services of Wisconsin LLC d/b/a Newtek Merchant Solutions, CDS Business Services, Inc. d/b/a Newtek Business Credit, Newtek Insurance Agency, LLC d/b/a Newtek Insurance Solutions, PMTWorks Payroll LLC d/b/a Newtek Payroll and Benefits Solutions, Premier Payments LLC d/b/a Newtek Payment Solutions, Small Business Lending, LLC d/b/a Newtek Small Business Lending and Newtek Business Lending, LLC.
Please read below to learn how Newtek and the other members of the Newtek Family collect, store, and share information provided by you to them.
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW?
Newtek and the other members of the Newtek Family may collect personal information and non-personal information about you. Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual. Non-personal information is aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity.
Each visit to any Newtek page clicked after entering the Site enables the Newtek Family to collect:
- your Internet service provider’s address
- a record of your activity on the Site
- the web page that was used to reach the Site
As part of providing you with Newtek Family products or services, the Newtek Family may obtain:
- your name, social security number, company, address, email address, phone number, fax number, credit/debit card information, domain name;
- employment information, income, credit references and other information needed in extending credit to you or otherwise transacting business with you;
- your transactions with the Newtek Family, sources who may have referred you to the Newtek Family, or others. This information may include your account balances, payment history and account usage;
- information from credit reporting agencies, which may include account information and information about your creditworthiness;
- information from other third parties, including public sources, such as real-estate records, street and email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Server log files: The Newtek Family uses IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use; and
- Cookies used to customize the user experience and track visitor usage to and at the Site.
If registration is required to use resources contained within any Newtek Family Site, the required information will be gathered from you prior to allowing access to those resources.
When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information such as financial information, visitors to the Site will be redirected to a secure server and notified through a security icon that appears in the visitor’s browser.
4. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
The Newtek Family may share your information (1) within the Newtek Family; (2) with third-party organizations that referred you to the Newtek Family (“Referral Sources”); (3) with service providers; (4) with joint marketing partners; and (5) with others to assist you and any Referral Sources in serving your needs in relation to the Newtek Family products and services, but only in circumstances where such sharing conforms to law, any applicable confidentiality agreements, and the Newtek Family members’ policies and practices, or for legal and routine business reasons.
Additionally, the Newtek Family may provide your information as required by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with any federal and state laws, industry standards or with legal process served on any member of the Newtek Family;
- provide to credit reporting agencies;
- protect and defend the rights or property of the Newtek Family;
- protect against fraud, money laundering and other risks; or
- act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Newtek Family’s products or Services, the Site or the public.
If you are a consumer and not a business client, the Newtek Family will not share your non-public information with any third party other than with other members of the Newtek Family, Referral Sources or service providers, or third-party marketeers without your consent.
The Newtek Family does not share personal consumer credit related information that is not public information with any person or entity other than other Newtek Family members, but it may share demographic information so that the Referral Sources, joint marketeers and service providers may analyze the impact they are having on the business community.
Links and Linked Internet Websites
Our Referral Sources and the other third parties with whom we may provide your information have their own privacy policies. Additionally, any Sites may provide links to other sites. These external sites may also have their own privacy provisions and security practices in place. Newtek has no control over and is not responsible for the collection, use or disclosure of information collected by Referral Sources and other third parties. We expressly disclaim any and all liability related to any collection, disclosure or use of such information from Referral Sources and other third parties. You are encouraged to read the privacy policies of all internet sites you visit.
Notice to Insurance Consumer – Customers
If you are a consumer interested in insurance products, medical information and creditworthiness information about you may be collected in addition to the information described above. Medical or creditworthiness information will only be used for the purpose of underwriting or administering your insurance. Such medical or creditworthiness information is not shared with third parties other than potential insurance carriers. This information will not be shared with any member of the Newtek Family without your express written consent, other than to the member that collects such information and the applicable member of the Newtek family that may be assisting you with the insurance products and/or services.
If you are a resident of California or Vermont, you will be provided with a privacy notice describing the applicable Newtek Family member(s)’s practices regarding the information collected about you in connection with an application for insurance, submission of a claim or other insurance transaction, how and with whom your personally identifiable information will be shared, and your right to restrict sharing.
6. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
Our servers are located in the United States. We do not target users outside of the United States. If you are accessing any Sites from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “Will Your Information Be Shared With Anyone?” above), in the United States.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
Your information is retained in accordance with Newtek’s and the other Newtek Family members’ document retention policies, which are reasonably designed to conform to applicable industry practices and applicable law.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
8. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
The Newtek Family maintains physical, electronic, and procedural security safeguards that are reasonable and appropriate. Within the Newtek Family, your personally-identifiable data is stored in our password-controlled servers with limited access, accessible only by authorized Newtek Family personnel.
However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from any Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment. In the event of a data breach, you will be notified by phone, email or mail at the contact information you provided.
9. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
Newtek does not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using any Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of any Sites.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account.
11. DO CALIFORNIA OR VERMONT RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
If you are a resident of Vermont, and are a consumer, we will obtain your consent prior to disclosing your nonpublic personal information to nonaffiliated third parties.
If other states in the future adopt privacy restrictions more restrictive than those under Federal law, we will comply with those applicable provisions.
12. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
13. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
Should you perceive that Newtek or any member of the Newtek Family is failing to follow the above guidelines, please contact us at the toll-free number or email address provided above.