The Security and
Our solutions keep your business secure, protect cardholder information,
avoid fraudulent activity and reduce data breaches.
NewtekOne is Committed
to Your Business.
A breach can cause irreparable harm to a business's reputation
and customer relationships. Make sure you're covered.
Lower Your Risk
Becoming compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards will help lower your risk of a breach.
Protect Cardholder Data
Compliance with this set of data security requirements established and governed by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover to protect cardholder account information is a requirement of all merchants processing credit or debit cards.
NewtekOne takes these requirements seriously and is requiring all of our merchants to validate their compliance with PCI-DSS.
Prevent Theft & Fraud
Compliance helps build the right security to protect your customer data, preventing theft or fraud.
Compliance Assistance Program
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard is a set of data requirements established and governed by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover to protect cardholder account information.
- PCI DSS includes best practices to identify vulnerabilities in processes, procedures, and website configurations. These practices help businesses protect themselves against security breaches, safeguard customer data, and protect the integrity of electronic payments.
- To help ensure that you are in compliance as mandated by the payment brands, we have created our compliance assistance program in conjunction with Clover Security to help protect you and your customers from fraud and theft.
- PCI compliance is required of all merchants accepting credit and debit cards. The Compliance Assistance Program will provide you with access to a suite of PCI compliance tools, including the self-assessment questionnaire, sample security policies, security awareness training and website scanning, if required.
The Breach Protection Program is an indemnification program acquired to reduce monetary exposure in the event a merchant account is compromised. The Breach Protection Program is designed specifically to meet the expenses resulting from a suspected or actual breach of credit card data from a merchant account. The program is offered through our partnership with Lockton Companies.
- A mandatory forensic audit required by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard of a merchant when a data breach is suspected.
- The data breach can be either a system/network breach or the physical theft of the credit card data from stolen receipts, stolen computers, skimming, or even employee theft.
- Card replacement costs and related expenses resulting from the data breach.
- All level 2, 3, and 4 merchants regardless of their level of compliance with the standard.
How to Become
- In order to get started click here.
- Easy as 1-2-3; register, comply and revalidation.
- After registering at Clover Security, you will need to comply by completing the assigned SAQ and vulnerability scans, if applicable. Lastly, you will need to revalidate either annually (SAQ only) or quarterly (if scanning is required).
- NewtekOne has partnered with Clover Security to help merchants become secure and PCI compliant.
PCI Compliance FAQ
Please call NewtekOne’s Customer Support at 800-277-6980
You are welcome to use any approved PCI vendor to complete your compliance. If you chose to use another vendor, you will be responsible for any costs. You are also responsible to upload your third party compliance to NewtekOne via our Clover Security portal.
If you have already become compliant with an approved PCI vendor, NewtekOne will accept that compliance. When you log into your Clover Security account, you can identify yourself as “Already Compliant” on the home page. This will require you to choose which SAQ you have completed and attest to your compliance. You will then be required to upload your SAQ and scan reports where applicable.
Aside from the $59.00 monthly charge, a data breach can severely impact a small business, with financial burdens, such as fines, fees, chargebacks, and investigation costs.
If you prefer to remain non-compliant, your account will continue to be charged $19.00 per month. You can avoid this fee by becoming compliant today. Some of the advantages of becoming compliant are:
- Protection from possible fines, fees, chargebacks and investigation costs
- Prevent theft and fraud
- Identify network weaknesses
- Detect sensitive data storage
- Avoid harming your business’ reputation
- As a NewtekOne merchant you can get started by going to https://cloversecurity.com/safemaker/login/portal and clicking get started. Please have your merchant number handy
NewtekOne has partnered with Clover Security a leading provider of PCI compliance and data security solutions for the payment industry. As a NewtekOne merchant you can get started by going to https://cloversecurity.com/safemaker/login/portal and clicking get started. Please have your merchant number handy.
The monthly compliance service fee covers access to a suite of PCI compliance tools at Clover Security. These tools include the self-assessment questionnaire, sample security policies, security awareness training and website scanning, if required. However, if you need to fix any security gaps found during the validation process, that cost would not be covered by the compliance service fee; this cost would be your responsibility.
PCI Compliance is a set of standards developed by the Payment Card Industry to reduce credit card data theft and fraud. It applies to ALL merchants that accept or handle credit and debit cards.
Breach Protection FAQ
Quickly! Once the relevant documentation is provided, the requests for payments will be processed. Assuming that the documentation is in order, the request should be processed within thirty days.
Yes! Certification of PCI DSS compliance is not a guarantee that a breach will not occur. The analogy that best describes the situation is this: “You can have the best alarm system in the world, but it is useless if you don’t turn it on.” Also, the Program covers employee theft and the physical theft of data. PCI DSS compliance alone cannot prevent these losses.
Yes! While it is true that merchant accounts that store magnetic stripe data are the most vulnerable, there are a number of other risks. For example, missing or outdated security patches, using vendor supplied default settings and passwords, SQL injections by hackers, unnecessary and vulnerable services on your servers, stolen receipts, stolen computers, employee theft, and skimming can all lead to significant data compromises and subject the merchant account to audits, card replacement costs, and fines.
Absolutely, 90 percent of card data breaches occur at small businesses with less than 1 million transactions a year.
No. However, if a merchant account experiences a breach, the merchant account must become compliant before that merchant account can participate in (or re-enter) the Program.
Any Level 2, 3, or 4 merchant account is eligible, provided it has not already suffered a data compromise. Level 1 merchant accounts are not eligible for this protection.
The NewtekOne Breach Protection Program provides protection on a per-merchant account basis but an incident and annual limit of $500,000 does apply to a merchant agreement with ten or more protected merchant accounts.
There is NO deductible!
The maximum protection is $100,000 per incident, for each merchant account.
Lockton Companies Inc. has collaborated with Great American Insurance Group to create this program.
If a merchant account suffers a suspected or actual data breach, the business responsible for the merchant account could incur thousands upon thousands of dollars of unexpected costs in the form of audit expenses, card monitoring and replacement expenses, and fines. These costs could significantly affect revenue…and even jeopardize the existence of a business. The NewtekOne Breach Protection Program reduces a protected merchant account’s monetary exposure when a presumed or actual data compromise occurs, thus providing peace of mind!