Blog & Company News
Dec 12, 2012
Custom Holiday Cards – No Designer Required
The holidays are nearly upon us and if you haven’t started thinking about holiday greetings for your clients yet, the clock is ticking. Have you put off tackling this project because you want to send a custom card but don’t know where to start? Stop procrastinating now because custom, branded cards are not only easy to create yourself, but also very affordable.
So, maybe you haven’t been thinking of sending out holiday greetings. Here are some reasons to consider donning your celebratory attitude instead of your Scrooge hat this year:
- Stay top of mind - Receiving a greeting during a holiday season is great way to greet your clients, vendors and other contacts in non-sales way and keep them thinking of you.
- Build your brand - By sending your holiday cards with your logo, business name and other branding you reinforce and build your brand equity.
- A reason to reach out - Sending holiday cards to inactive clients may help reignite business. If there is a specific tie to your business in the new year, e.g. tax time or 2013 planning, the holiday card is a perfect place to tell your customer that you are looking forward to working with them in the new year.
- A little thanks goes a long way - Even though you may have expressed gratitude to your client during the course of doing business, this is a great time to say "thanks" for assistance, referrals, business or other positive interactions.
- Get noticed - Direct mail and email campaigns innundate your clients every day of the year. However, we are all interested in opening the holiday greeting cards that end up in our mailbox, especially if we have received an interesting one from that sender in the past.
Are you convinced? Okay, it is time to get started. With an hour or less of your time and costs starting at under $1 per card, it is simple to let your customers know how much they have meant to you this year. Online printing services have sprung up by the dozens in the last couple years and most provide easy-to-use design tools and cost-effective printing for everything from business cards to flyers and custom holiday cards. Here are a couple to check out:
Despite the quirky name, Moo is one of the major players in the online printing game. Holiday cards are offered in thousands of designs or create personalized greetings by uploading your own artwork. Every aspect of the card is customizable, choose colors and fonts for the message inside and uploading your own logo. Moo has a unique feature called “printfinity” that enables you to print a unique image on every card in the pack.
A division of Shutterfly, Tinyprints touts a superior shopping experience with hundreds of fresh new designs each week, and innovative online tools to make your shopping experience great. From modern designs to classic contemporary looks, pre-built templates help to you create custom cards with your slogan, logo, photos or mission statements quickly. Plus, Tinyprints also has a mailing service. Have them address and send your cards for you!