Blog & Company News
Mar 26, 2012
Help Desk: Why a Quality Payment Gateway Service is a Must for Your Ecommerce Site
[caption id="attachment_393" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Why a Quality Payment Gateway Service is a Must for Your Ecommerce Site"]
Recently at the Help Desk, we discussed the importance of utilizing a payment gateway
at your ecommerce store. In this entry, we are going to continue to discuss just how important it is to offer the best online payment options
for your customers.
Not only do you want to offer a convenient and seamless payment process at your online store that encourages sales, you want to ensure that your business, and your well-earned money from those sales, is protected as well. For those reasons, a quality payment gateway service is a must for any legitimate online store.
When an interested customer has made it to your website and has decided that they want to purchase a good or service from you, they will first use a shopping cart
to add items for purchase. Once they are ready to check out, utilizing a payment gateway
allows you to accept a debit or credit card payment right on your site.
This not only offers a quick, convenient payment method for your customer, you will not need to send them to an offsite payment service, like PayPal or Google Checkout. Along with offering a more professional payment process, you won’t risk losing sales if a customer doesn’t want to pay and/or start an account with PayPal or Google.
A payment service like our NewtPay also offers:
- Reduces expenses with lower processing rates and monthly fees
- Faster funding as your bank account is automatically funded within 1 to 2 days (with PayPal, you have to request a transfer to your account)
- Increased security as your customer won’t need to leave your website to pay on PayPal (and all funds are federally insured with NewtPay)
- Superior support with agents available 24/7/365 to help with any problems or difficulties via phone, chat, or email
1. Learn more about NewtPay and NewtPay Pro
, our flexible and affordable merchant accounts.
2. Read our Knowledge Base article
on shopping carts and website building tools we recommend for your ecommerce needs.
3. Our Knowledge Base
offers more detailed information on ecommerce, including shopping carts and SSL.