Blog & Company News
Nov 25, 2014
Save The Date! Small Business Saturday: November 29, 2014
It’s almost time for our favorite day of the holiday season. No, not Thanksgiving (though we are thoroughly looking forward to our turkey-induced comas), “Small Business Saturday” is our favorite day of the year.
Small Business Saturday is a day to recognize, celebrate, and support small businesses within our communities. In just its fourth year, The Movement has generated billions of dollars for local retailers around the nation. NewtekOne wouldn’t be here without the millions of bold individuals who have taken the ultimate leap of faith to become small business owners and entrepreneurs.
Thank you. We admire your tireless hard work. We applaud your success.
NewtekOne invites our community to join us in shopping local and shopping small on November 29. For our small business owners out there, it’s your time to shine! Leverage the extra attention in the following ways:
1.) Prepare Marketing Materials
– American Express, originator of Small Business Saturday, has created a fantastic packet of information for small business owners with email templates, printable materials, social media content, and much more. Be sure to stay as active as possible in promoting your business during Small Business Saturday. If you’re an American Express merchant, you can also register your business on the Shop Small map. shopsmall.com
2.) Offer Deals and Create Contests
– This is a perfect opportunity to rally your customers and attract new ones by enticing them with special offers. Go above and beyond to make your customers feel special and give them a compelling reason to return.
3.) Showcase What Makes Your Business Unique
– If consumers can’t buy what you offer in chain stores, let it be known! Celebrate that which makes your business exceptional.
4.) Coordinate With Other Businesses
– Many small businesses find they can create more publicity for their business by joining forces with other local businesses. Working together with other businesses and enlisting the help of neighborhood associates or economic development groups can help generate more awareness for the day.
5.) Be Present on Social Media
– Your various social media pages are great places to educate your followers about Small Business Saturday. Add a personalized digital banner from American Express to your Facebook page, or tweet about special offers and events at your business. Be sure to use the hashtag #smallbusinesssaturday (and its variations) – we want to see it trending on Twitter!