Video Content Marketing: An Integral Piece of Your Digital Marketing Campaign
According to Cisco, video will account for 69% of consumer internet traffic by 2017. If you do not have a defined Video Content Strategy within your overall digital marketing campaign, chances are you are falling short to your competitors and losing potential customers. Think about when you go to a website, are you more likely to read every word on the site or quickly search for a video which tells you what the company is about? The stats say most people would rather watch a short video than read.
If you are embarking on a Video Content Strategy here are some things to consider:
- One video does not constitute a Video Content Strategy. In order to cultivate a following and optimal ROI, you need to produce several videos with diverse video content.
- Why having your videos on YouTube is so important: YouTube is the second largest search engine owned by the largest search engine (Google). This incredibly powerful video distribution channel allows you to reach a wide audience. Correctly optimizing your YouTube Channel and each video gives you an important boost within the search engines. Finally, housing your videos on YouTube and placing a link on your website that will load from YouTube allows you to keep your website page load times fast, functional, and responsive. Housing your videos directly on your website will slow your site down.
- Why utilizing multiple video formats to capture different viewers helps to bring attention to your video content: While YouTube is an incredibly significant and popular platform, to capture a full array of potential customers it is important to create video content for other distribution channels as well. Vimeo, Brightcove, and Vine are popular choices in the video world today.
- Always keep in mind the audience you want to reach and make sure your videos are relative to your target audience. Determining your target audience is one of the first steps in creating your Digital Marketing Strategy. Once you know who your target audience is, creating your video content strategy around engaging, educational video content will establish you as a leader in your field, and increase your chances of having a successful campaign. Find out what your followers and clients want to see most: how-to videos, behind the scenes information on your company, industry related education, etc. All of this depends on your target demographic and A/B testing of video content you are producing to determine results.
- Be creative. You wouldn’t want to spend the money to create a professional and engaging video only to have it fall flat because the material was not compelling enough to get clicks, would you? Creating the video content is step one; next, you must spend time creating an engaging lead-in statement to introduce the content and capture your follower’s attention. Being creative will encourage them to engage with your video content.
Need help designing and implementing a Video Content Strategy? Newtek Web Services is here for you. We offer full Video Content Strategies and the ability to produce videos on your behalf. Contact us today at 866.820.8910!